conversing in Japanese

Poge
Tomcat

conversing in Japanese

Post by Poge »

I recently learned some basic Japanese and I think that conversing with Japanese players in FF-XI would be a great way to practice. The problem is that many of them know as little English as we know Japanese.

Does anyone know if the North American version of FF-XI supports Japanese text input? Also, where could I find a Japanese keyboard and/or drivers?
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Sadly, the NA version of the game does not support japanese text input :(. I too have taken a bit of japanese and wish to apply it. Here's what I generally do:

{Japanese}: Nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu.

Or something along those lines.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
sasuske
Big Cat

Post by sasuske »

WOW lihera nice picture. anyways yes i have put japanese in my macros theres a way to do it. you get some program off the internet called vana hand (VERY CONFUSING) and you do all this stuff and eentualy it opes up your macros with that you open some japapanese text sites and type stuff in but thats about it ><
im pretty much amazing

68/9 Nin, 47 Drg, 36 War and more
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Thanks there. I did forget that you can use a third party macro program like Autoit for your FFXI macros, however, you can only have the standard cntrl and alt macros, and also need to know a bit of programming to do so, but vanahand seems like the better ides.
*goes off to google*
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]